How to Get Your Body Caftan-Ready for Summer
It's officially Summer. The heat is on and our Instagram feeds are filled with pics of poolside babes clutching low-calorie smoothies. Our fitness idols are showing off their Kayla Itsines abs and hot dog legs. And our Facebook friends are desperately try to convince us that It Works! actually works. I think it's safe to say that the pressure for having a bikini body is in full effect. Isn't there an alternative?
Yes. Yes there is.
I've already eaten a sleeve of Oreos and pinned a recipe this morning for something called a Birthday Cake Croissant, but I'd also like to share these steps for getting your body caftan-ready this summer:
1. Select a caftan of your choice. Stroke its gauzy fabric and whisper into its folds.
2. Let your flesh settle into the crevices of your comfortable, comfortable caftan.
3. Crumbs? Let them fall where they may, swaddled in your caftan.
4. Throw out your razor.
5. Throw out your bra.
6. Throw out the aloe vera lotion you bought last summer. You will not be getting sunburned this summer.
7. Release your inhibitions. Feel the rain on your skin.
Shop our Caftan Body-Ready dresses here.List by Véronique Hyland via The Cut. Photos by Keystone/Getty Images and Thiago Silva.